Community

Ignite Stamford V.2

2013 was a great year for Ignite Stamford. We had some fantastic speaking events, action nights, and great engagement of the community. Bike Stamford, a bike-friendly initiative, is a great example of…

My Birthday Wish

Today is my birthday. Fortunately for you, I am going to tell you exactly what I would like (being greedy, I am asking for three things): Request #1: Think about a social…

Film Review: The Square

I was fortunate to attend a showing of The Square, a documentary focused on the political and social tensions in Egypt we have seen during this decade. This Oscar short-listed film purports to…

How Improv Made Me a Better Leader

It has been a while, but when I was a young student I did both comedic and dramatic improvisational acting. Not to say I no longer like improv; if Dick Costolo started a…

In Pursuit of Progress

As you may or may not know, I was recently elected to serve on my city’s legislative board. It was truly humbling to receive the support of my neighbors. At our first…

Charging for Community Development

This evening I had a meeting with my colleagues from Ignite Stamford, an organization we are slowly formalizing, evolving, and relaunching as a unique brand (coming soon). The question came up as…